City Groups - God has designed his people, the church, to live in community, Acts 2. Even God himself is the perfect example of communion in his eternal triune nature. We have been created in the image God, the imago Dei, and God has called us into community with others and with himself. Romans 12:9-13 gives us a game plan for what this community should look like: it should be spiritual, prayerful, loving of others, joyful, caring, serving those in need, and hospitable. Hebrews 10:23-25 serves as an excellent reminder of our calling to be in community and on mission.“let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.”
This page is designed to help you Lead or Host a City Group. Here you will find new group lessons, weekly lessons connected to the Sunday sermon series, book recommendations for study/discussion in addition to helpful training videos, articles, and resources for the group. We want all of our new groups to begin with the 4 week, "New City Group Launch" lessons. These will help the group understand the "DNA" of City Groups.
All of groups meet weekly and serve monthly an seek to:
1. Reside in COMMUNITY
2. Grow as a DISCIPLE
3. Experience & Give CARE
4. Live on Mission
Shared Leadership: Work as a City Group to establish roles with in the group to share the leadership responsibilities. Example: Communication(Text, email, Facebook, Study Leader (lessons provided), maintaining Serving relationship , etc. Many of our group also share the responsibility of hosting or teaching too.
A few other things to keep in mind:
1. Send out weekly communication updates to the group to keep every informed and connected.
2. Plan details and communicate details early on your monthly serving time
3. Plan parties and meals together often! Invite friends and neighbors.
4. You determine the days/times and meeting schedule for the group. You have the freedom/authority to cancel a groups meeting as needed. (Holidays, illness, everyone's out of town, etc. Just make sure to communicate in advance any and all information to the group.
5. As a group you will determine what the group will be studying/discussing at any given time. Sermon series, book study, topic, etc. This is a big responsibly for the group to decide. Please make sure that any and all content taught is consistent with he teaching of the City Life Church leadership. If you have any questions concerning something you study this please contact one of our Elders or Pastors.
All our groups are managed through our church management software, Church Community Builder (CCB). Here you can update the roster for your group, find contact information, send group emails or text, you can even track attendance for the group. https://citylife.ccbchurch.com
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need help in anyway.