“To equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.” - Ephesians 4:12
WHAT ARE LIFE GRUOPS?
Life Groups are small (2-4 people), gender-specific groups that meet together at least twice a month to study the Bible, pray, and grow together as disciples of Jesus Christ. Life Groups exist for the purpose of discovering what it means to grow as disciples of Christ. Our hope is that your personal discipleship will lead you to disciple others.
WHY LIFE GROUPS?
We believe growth happens best in community as we study the Bible, pursue faithful living, and apply the gospel to our lives as worshipers, servants, and missionaries.
· A submitted follower of Jesus (Matthew 14:33; John 9:38)
· Turning from our sin toward God (Isaiah 55:6-9; Acts 2:38)
· Obeying the commands of Jesus (John 14:21)
· Learning to die to self that we might live to Christ (John 17:18; Romans 12:1)
· Self-denying service to the Church (John 13:5; Romans 12:10; Philippians 2:3; Acts 2:44-45)
· Service to our city (The Gospels; James 1:27; Ephesians 2:10).
· Living as witnesses to proclaim Christ and his teachings (Acts 1:1; Acts 1:8;
· Matthew 28; 1 Peter 3:15).
· Going out with the same mission as Jesus (John 20:21).
WHAT IS THE COMMITMENT?
1. Presence: This is more than just meeting together twice a month; it’s about being a consistent presence in each others lives -- challenging, encouraging, growing, and praying for one another.
2. Confidentiality: Life Groups should be safe places to share struggles, doubts, fears, and hurts without worrying about being judged or exposed to others.
3. Action: Being a part of a Life Group is a commitment to walk in obedience to the Bible. James 1:22 “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.”
WHAT IS THE GOAL?
Growing and multiplying disciples of Jesus
1. Study and Obey: 1 Timothy 3:16
2. Repent and Believe: Isaiah 55:6-9
3. Serve and Rest: John 13:1-17
1. Train and live: 1 Timothy 4:7
2. Pray and Engage: Luke 10:2
3. Invite and Invest: Matthew 4:19
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON LIFE GROUPS, PLEASE CONTACT PASTOR JOEY.